Caiman is a personalised package adaptable for the individual needs of its users. It operates in real time and all information is continually updated and instantly available to the operator.
Caiman is designed to satisfy the needs of any aircraft operator. Any make of aircraft is manageable through its services, especially a fleet of mixed types. Only one Caiman is needed to administrate the needs of an entire fleet.
Caiman has been coded using Oracle Developer. It is Web enabled, in the sense that users can connect to its services either locally, or from remote locations through a browser like Internet Explorer.
With today's high maintenance costs, the expense of implementation of a computerised programme is soon paid for in the savings gained. Caiman's computerised maintenance system will:
· minimise maintenance costs
· assist in a rapid identification of critical maintenance work
· give up-to-date and accurate control of all rotables
· provide reliable, complete and updated information for decision making
· greatly enhance overall fleet efficiency
· collect reliability and failure data
· provide information on which to make decisions in maintenance planning, scheduling and budgeting.
This figure illustrates the interactions among some of the Caiman modules.