With the ever increasing costs of running a fleet, reliability programs are becoming of central importance to the operator.
Taking into account the actual working conditions of each aircraft, the Reliability Analysis is capable of calculating all the principal reliability parameters:
· Mean Time Between scheduled Removal
· Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF)
· Mean Time Between Unscheduled Removal
· A standard value for these, supplied by the vendor, is stored in the data base.
Additional parameters for evaluating components can be used, and relevant Reports created. Other reliability parameters are:
· Mean Time Before Loss of Functionality
· Mean Time Before Removal for Inefficiency at Time of Maintenance
· Percentage of Removals for Breakdown on Total Numbers of Removals
The reliability parameters are evaluated by means of the average utilisation of the component type during a given period.
The statistical information supplied by these and other reports is of immense value in the prevention of breakdown and in the identification of components and positions which have given a continual record of inefficient service.